Monday, September 25, 2006

Copy these ideas to make a toddler happy in San Francisco

Liz asked me to write about the things I do with Ella--"fun playdates in San Francisco" was how she put it. A playdate can be defined as places you go with your kids and then meet up with other moms/kids, right? If I'm correct in my interpetation of a playdate, then here's my list. It really isn't anything special or unique, but it's some of my good old stand-bys, and one thing I've never tried before.
1. The South Beach Playground (It's located on the the Embarcadero--right next to SBC Park)
I love this park because it's made for toddlers. They don't have a jungle gym or anything that Ella can fall more than a foot off the ground. It's always sunny (sometimes a little too sunny) and it's completely fenced in. I go to this park allll the time.
2. Watch a Giants baseball game
I just did an entire blog about this one. For some reason, Ella loves this place. And I can't wait for her to get a little older so she can go down the huge slides in the CocaCola Bottle or play baseball in their minature field. If you buys tickets after the national anthem starts, you can get them 2 for 10 bucks. It's worth it.
3. Ocean Beach
I like this beach because I can take the N-Judah line there without making any transfers. And with the weather being so great, I should go more often. I heard Sept-Nov are the best months in San Francisco when it comes to weather.
4. San Francisco Zoo
Totally easy to get there by public transportation and plus they have a discounted price for San Francisco residents. I think it's 3 bucks cheaper, plus I get that rush of excitement knowing that, yes, I live in San Francisco! Ella's finally starting to notice that dogs and birds are interesting so I bet she's like this if I went once a week.
5. Reel Moms at the Metreon
I've never actually done this, but I'll give it a try tomorrow if I can get out of the house on time. Every week, at participating theatres around the country, moms and their babies get together at AMC for a first-run movie. They give you a special theatre environment: the lights are dimmed and the sound level is reduced so you can see and hear your baby throughout the show. You have to pay full price for the ticket. I don't know if it's going to be worth it. I'll see and update this blog tomorrow.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jake said...

nice blog

7:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Movies... yikes!

7:06 PM  
Blogger liz said...

thanks.

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home