Thursday, September 21, 2006

Copy Rob's patience


Last night I bonked Ella's head on the table at a sushi restaurant and she started screaming before we could even sit down. It was my fault and I was so mad at myself. So we continued walking while I was making an ugly sad face and saying thing I didn't mean like being a mom sucks because I always mess things up and having a kid is so hard because we can't do anything anymore, blah blah blah, and Rob was listening and leading the way as we walked down the streets until we came to a restaurant called Primo Patio Cafe which ended up being so much more interesting than that sushi restaurant. It was a shack in the middle of the city. When we sat down, I felt like I was back in Hawaii eating at that restaurant on the North Shore with the good poppy seed salad dressing--does anyone know the restaurant I'm talking about? Primo Patio didn't have much of a roof so I was happy the weather was perfect. I was surprise I could read the menu because they only had two lights shining on the patio. I order the Upside-Down Chicken; it's sautéed with garlic & wine, served with garlic yogurt sauce. The chicken was unlike anything I've ever eaten before and I loved it. I thought the veggies were over cooked and the beans tasted plain, but Ella seemed to like them. You have to try their chicken, though, it's sooo good. I'm glad I bonked Ella's head because I don't think we would have ever eaten at this place otherwise. Everything seemed to work itself out last night and I think it's because of Rob's patience with me. I love him.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's so sweet! I too think that everything usually works out, even if it seems crappy at the moment.

7:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you're feeling better about bumping your little one's head.
parenting is funny like that !
Love your blog, I've been reading you for a long time ;-)

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home