Friday, September 15, 2006

Copy me and don't wrap


I love wrapping paper as much as anyone, and I really try to make my gifts look nice for weddings and baby showers. But yesterday I discovered that when going to a toddlers party, it's best to ditch the wrapping and bring the gift with only a big bow attached to it. I did this yesterday for a two year old's birthday party and he loved it. I gave him a tow truck and a book about tow trucks. Then, I held it together with a simple red bow. He quickly took the bow off and played with the tow truck for awhile. And his friend read the book like 5 times in a row. I watched him look at the pictures over and over again. So give it a try and you'll feel all happy that you got the birthday girl/boy something you know they used at least once before getting bored with it.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are GREAT at picking out gifts. One of the first things Ray says when he wakes up everyday is "Quest!" He's obsessed with the Johnney Quest DVDs you gave him. :)

8:09 PM  
Blogger Sharon Beesley said...

Yippeeeee! That makes me happy. I'm going to a party for a girl who's turning 3 years old and I got her candy land. I think she'll like it.

8:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved Candy Land!!! If I bought that for my boys they would eat all of the pieces.

No, really, they would. Boysss....

8:51 PM  
Blogger Sharon Beesley said...

Hahaa

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home