Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Copy Jon's outlook on beauty

I go to this blog a lot (I especially like to check out his Blue Monday posts). Jon, the maker of the blog, prides himself on celebrating the unusual and the ordinary, happy colors, good design of any kind, and takes a moment to appreciate some things that get overlooked in the everyday. You know, it's kind of like seeing the world the way a one year old does. So today when I went to the San Francisco Zoo, I tried to celebrate all the things Ella found interesting and spend as much time as she wanted to on them. I mean, did I really need to see the lion's feeding at 2pm? No, even though I really wanted to. Oh, well. The day was about her and it turned out just fine. Here are some of the things she found interesting:
She hung out in this cave for about a half hour screaming and shouting because it made her voice echo.
For some reason, she had to get out of her stroller to touch this frog sculpture. Here's a picture of her making her barking sound because I think she thought it was a dog.
Her favorite animals at the zoo were the Prairie dogs. She met a boy named Luke here that I think she had a crush on. She followed him all the way to the petting zoo. I love the way her leg is bent in this picture.
Ella was so excited about riding the carousel, and then got bored before it even started.
Here's Ella back at the Prairie dog exhibit.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

too cute-i can't take it!!

5:29 AM  
Blogger jordan said...

Ella is a doll. If Sandra doesn't get to her first--I'm going to steal her.

10:49 AM  
Blogger Sharon Beesley said...

Jordan--I know, I have to be careful around you and Sandra

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home