Thursday, October 12, 2006

Copy until someone ruins it for you

+

Margaret just blogged about Ben Folds. Unfortunately, this band was ruined by an exboyfriend who loved this band and also talked about himself too much. Now I can't listen to this album without getting annoyed by the memory of him. Don't you hate it when someone ruins a perfectly good album for you? Read others talk about their ruined albums an this webpage. I asked Rob what albums I would have ruined for him had we broken up before we were married. His answer: "Anything by Bob Dylan or those cheesy girl bands like Elastica and Mazzy Star." He would have ruined Johnny Cash and Radiohead for me. Luckily we worked out so I don't have to give any of these up!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahhhh good ol' mazzy star. is it bad that was just listening to her cd the other day?

4:46 AM  
Blogger Sharon Beesley said...

i got my out my old cd walkman and listened to her the other day too! Her and letters to cleo. ahh the good old days.

8:01 AM  
Blogger liz said...

oh mazzy is so timeless! it's never a bad time to listen to her. she is the old school norah jones. it's like waering old school vans- it's just always alright.

LOVE the music site- what a brilliant idea.

1:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That website is pretty funny. I love my mazzy star cds. as far as I know there are 3 albums but I only have 2 of them...im missing the swan one.

5:04 PM  
Blogger Bryan said...

those would be some pretty big musical losses! good thing you didn't have to give them up! (but i wouldn't call those two bands cheesy...)

you should write up a story about the Ben Folds one and send it in to us!

6:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home