Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Copycat this book's meter and rhyme

My mom wrote a message inside the cover of this book that reads, "For Sharon From your Mama Llama". There's something about her handwriting that makes me smile. I read this book to Ella so much that I have the first part memorized. It goes like this:
"Is your Mama a Llama?" I asked my friend Dave. "No, she is not," is the answer Dave gave. "She hangs by her feet and she lives in a cave. I do not believe that's how Llamas behave." "Oh," I said, "You are right about that, your mama must be a . . ."
And when I get to this part (sometimes she's a little early) Ella shouts, "DAT!"

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's so sweet. I miss mom. My boys love this big book of poems that Dad and Fran got Ray and it reminds me of the poem book mom used to read to us every night. Every night she would let us pick out one poem and our favorite one was called "Swing! Swing!" and we would pretend that we were swinging really high. (Sharon and I are sisters.) Ray's favorite peom is one about winter and he pretends that he is really cold.

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home