Saturday, October 07, 2006

Copy this face that Elvis Costello is making while you read my sad story.

I never made it to the Elvis Costello concert. It involved over packing, poor planning, Ella falling asleep, and no stroller. I ended up at the Shell Station pay phone booth on 7th and Lincoln around 4:30. Rob only saw him perform 3 songs before he got my weeping message on his cell phone. I still can't listen to Costello's music without getting a knot in my stomach. I feel sooo pathetic. PS I was so mad that I forgot to thank Rob for giving up seeing the concert so that he could save me.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate days like that! We had a disaster day once when we went to Busch Gardens in Tampa which is like 2 hours away. The parking lot was packed to a rediculas extent- it was about one mile walk to get to the park and was so hot out. So we packed up the kids in the stroller and when we got half way there one of the wheels broke off the double stroller! What a mess. So we had to decide- do we dump the stroller and rent one or do we just go home and order a replacement wheel? The last time we went Ryan went through and the lady didn't scan his ticket so we were going to use that and I was going to buy one for myself. We just sat down and laughed- it was karma biting us in the butt. We just went home because any activity we could do in the city would've needed a stroller since our kids were so young. What a mess. Ryan went all the way back to the car and picked us up while we waited on the side of the road with our junky stroller. If I didn't have Ryan with me though I would've been in tears like you Sharon! Rob is such a sweetheart for coming to your rescue.

10:11 AM  
Blogger . said...

Ohhh, Sharon! I am SOOO sorry that you did not get to see the concert! Mike and I were green with envy that you guys were going. Really sorry, how lousy!

2:44 PM  
Blogger liz said...

Aw. He will perform again. I promise. We had a talk and he will come back.

8:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What actually happened that day?!!

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home