Monday, September 04, 2006

Copy all the cool moms


Dan Zanes cds are everywhere--like I see them at Starbucks and if I had the Disney channel I would see him on that too. So I know most everyone has heard of him, but maybe this is new info for someone out there? I downloaded the one where he's singing Polly Wolly Doodle with Sheryl Crow. Ella loves it, I love it. It's whimsical and folksy and good music. My Creative writing professor, Louise Plummer, always told me that in order to get published, both the parents and the kids will have to like what you wrote. You have to write for both audiences, she explained. And I agree. I don't buy books for Ella that are annoying or poorly written, and the same holds true to for the music I buy for her. Some music in that kid genre is annoying, but not this Dan Zanes guy. It's a good all around gift to give at a baby shower. It'll make you seem really cool and with it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see him all the time on the Disney Channel! My kids love him too. In between shows they'll play a short video of his what they call "House Party Time" and he plays the guitar and everyone dances around in what looks like an apartment.

10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another great one that both my girls and I love is the Laurie Berkner Band. She has little music "videos" on Noggin quite often.

I think you can go to Noggin.com and see some of the music videos.

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home